File Based Licensing Procedure
Currently includes Tabernus E800 (FC10), 2U (FC10) and EE LAN.
1. Start the software, then click on Help > Request New License.
Figure 1: Request License from Server
2. A text file is created on the desktop called LicRequest.txt.
Figure 2: License Request File Created
3. Insert a USB key and copy the LicRequest.txt file to the key. You can simply drag the LicRequest.txt file to the USB key icon on the desktop to copy it to the key.
4. Safely remove the USB key by right-clicking on the key's icon and selecting Unmount Volume or Safely Remove Hardware.
Figure 3: Safely Remove USB Key
5. On an internet connected PC, go to the Customer Portal at customer.tabernus.com and enter your login details.
6. Once logged in, select Request License (not Request License by Key).
Figure 4: Select Request License
7. Insert your USB Key with the License Request file on into the PC.
8. Click on Choose File and navigate to the License Request file on the USB key.
Figure 5: License Details Dialog
9. Enter the quantity of licences you require.
10. Select a software version - choose the version you are licensing to ensure that your records remain accurate.
11. Enter a memo if you wish: which server/which employee etc.
Figure 6: License Quantity Check
12. Ensure the quantity is correct and click OK. An Updated License message will appear.
Figure 7: Successful Download Message
13. Right-click the Updated License hyperlink and select Save Link As.
Figure 8: Download Update License File
14. Rename the Update License File by selecting the numbers and underscore and press Backspace. Note: It is important that the Update License file is renamed: remove all of the numbers AND the underscore as shown below.
Figure 9: Rename the Update License File
15. Save the renamed file to your memory key location.
Figure 10: Save to Memory Key
16. On your memory key you now have two files as shown below.
Figure 11: Both Required License Files
17. Take your memory key back to your Tabernus server machine and copy the Update License file to the desktop: you can drag the UpdateLicense.txt file from the USB key to the desktop.
Figure 12: License Text Files on Desktop
18. Click on Help > Load New License.
Figure 13: Load New License
19. You should receive the successful licensing message, as shown below.
Figure 14: Successful Licensing
20. Delete the LicRequest.txt files from the desktop (Move to Trash).
Possible Error Conditions
1. The most common error with file based licensing is probably the U/RN Error. This usually occurs when another license request file is generated after the primary file has been uploaded to the server.
Figure 15: U/RN Error Message
2. Follow these instructions to resolve this issue:
- Contact Tabernus Support/go to support.tabernus.com and create a Support Ticket.
- Delete ALL LicRequest.txt and UpdateLicense.txt files from the desktop and USB drive.
- Empty the trash bin.
- Generate another licence request file, copy to USB drive and keep a copy on the desktop.
- Upload the UpdateLicence.txt file to the Customer Portal.
- Download the UpdateLicense.txt file.
- Copy the UpdateLicense.txt file to the desktop.
- Update license count.
Tabernus will reimburse any licenses lost through this error.
3. After each licensing procedure, ensure you delete the old license files from the desktop. If you do not, the next time you attempt to put a license request on to the desktop you will receive the following message:
Figure 16: Duplicate License File
Key Based Licensing Procedure
1. Start the software and click License > License Key Codes.
Figure 1: License Key Codes
2. For USB Erase, double-click the application file that is on the USB Erase key:
Figure 2: Application File
3. The Tabernus License Wizard will open.
Figure 3: Tabernus License Wizard
4. Enter the quantity of licenses you require and press Next.
Figure 4: License Quantity Dialog
5. You will be presented with a Request Key: make a note of this key if you are not close to the PC you use to access the Customer Portal.
Figure 5: Request Key Dialog
6. Login to the Customer Portal (customer.tabernus.com) and click on Request License By Key.
Figure 6: Customer Portal; Request License by Key
7. The Add License Request by Key dialogue will open.
Figure 7: Add License Request by Key Dialog
8. Enter your Request Key into the License Request Key box. Use UPPER-CASE letters and enter hyphens at this stage. Note that all '0's are zeroes.
9. Next, select a Software Revision - select the software revision you are licensing to ensure your records remain accurate.
10. Unless you have it set up, ignore Group. If you wish, enter a Memo:- noting the server you are licensing, for example:
Figure 8: Enter Request Key and Other Details
11. You will be presented with a Response Key: make a note of this if you are not close to your Tabernus machine.
Figure 9: Response Key
12. Enter the Response Key in the box as shown below. There is no need to enter hyphens or use upper-case characters at this stage.
Figure 10: Enter Response Key
13. Click Finish: A successful license transfer will produce the following dialog box:
Figure 11: Successful License Transfer
1. If you do not select a software revision in the Add License Request by Key dialog box, the following message will appear:
Figure 12: Software Revision Selection Not Made
2. If you enter an incorrect Response Key, you will receive the following error message:
Figure 13: Incorrect Response Key Error
3. If you receive the above error, re-enter the Response Key, being careful to note whether '1's are 'l's etc. You have three chances to enter the key correctly before you will have to start the procedure anew.
4. If you receive the following error, check whether you have entered the Request Key correctly, i.e. using upper-case letters and having entered hyphens correctly. You will also receive this message if you request a quantity of licenses greater than that you have available on the Portal.
Figure 14: General Error Condition
This information is also available to download; please see the attachment below.